- GISDP founder Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika Convenes International Academic Conference IGNOU-AHD2017 “Agriculture and Human Development in India: Indigenous Practices, Scientific views and Sustainability”,scheduled to be held on September 8-9, 2017 at the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
The first call for paper is available at http://www.icahd2017.in. Abstract submission and registration for participation can be done through the website. The conference brochure can be downloaded from the same link.
- GISDP participates in the GTI (Great Transition Initiative) commentary coordinated by Tellus Institute www.greattransition.org on Frances Moore Lappé Farming for a Small Planet: Agroecology Now
- Locating Conflict in the Global Discourse of Sustainability: Assam’s Forgotten Nomads, Bookwell. New Delhi
- GISDP proudly announces and acknowledges the support extended to Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika by ICSSR (Indian council of social science Research) and the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme. France in the frame of the Indo-French Programme of Cooperation in Social Sciences.
She has been invited to be the scientist residence at the INRA( Institut national de la recherche agronomique (INRA) Centre d’Economie et de Sociologie appliquées à l’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux. laboratory. Dijon Cedex France.During her residency she will be working for her research “A comparative study of organic farming in Assam,India with the French model of Organic farming emphasizing enhanced capacities of informal, indigenous local knowledge through formal strategies of ICT and sustainable business management”.
- Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika delivered a Guest Lecture “Towards Sustainable Liberalism: Lessons from Natural capital and Ecosystem Services approach in India’s last Frontier.” at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati on 22nd September 2015. The lecture focused on the intervention of a new Science that seeks to merge conservation and ecology with economy with an aim to eradicate the economic invisibility of nature in public policy and decision making.
- Dr. Sujata Dutta Hazarika founder GISDP delivered a lecture at the Stakeholders’ Consultative Workshop on the BCIM-EC‘ held on 1-2 May, 2014 organised by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute Of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS) KolKata, Institute of China studies (ICS) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on the significance of upholding the traditional worldview of sustainable living among the indigenous communities in North East India while crafting the look east policy as a significant collaborative South East Asian Partnership between Bangladesh,China,India and Mayanmar.
- Dr. Sujata Dutta Hazarika founder GISDP delivered a lecture “Global Initiative For Sustainable development and Planning : Engaging a discourse in natural capitalism,natural resource management and conflict resolution in North East India.” at the Kolkata on 18th July 2014
- GISDP participates in the Great Transition Network Discussion forum Coordinated by the Tellus Institute. Boston USA as the Great Transition Initiative :Towards a Transformative Vision and Practice
with a Commentary Sustainable Liberalism: Lessons from India’s last Frontier for post development discourse
- GISDP wins the best poster award voted for by conference participants at the 40th Anniversary International Conference of International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria 2012
- GISDP’s contribution receives international acknowledgement
- GISDP’s public mobilization and awareness generation programs make it frequently contribute to Newspaper editorials
- GISDP voices its ideas on Sustainability through International Journal
- GISDP creates a conclave to promote Sustainable Development in North East India