Understanding the urgency of finding innovative solutions in the changing global scenario to meet the growing challenges of sustainability,we at GISDP seek to redefine the role of Economy and Business through social innovations founded on creative and critical thinking. Searching and adopting new tools, models and strategies that are accessible and local yet profound with visions of equity, universal justice,human-rights and democracy, GISDP seeks to perpetuate local business and entrepreneurship, livelihood support and employ-ability for grass root development in North East India.
“Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress.” - Mahatma Gandhi
For ages, world capitalism has perceived economy and business within a paradigm of growth that has proven to be unsustainable not only for living beings inhabiting the planet but also for the planet as a whole. At GISDP, we seek to articulate the changing consciousness through which economy can redefine the meaning of capital, property, ownership, responsibility within a moral and ethical framework that incorporates innovations and change without depleting concerns of prosperity and comfort, welfare and human rights.
- GISDP founder Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika Convenes International Academic Conference IGNOU-AHD2017 “Agriculture and Human Development in India: Indigenous Practices, Scientific views and Sustainability”, scheduled to be held on September 8-9, 2017 at the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
The first call for paper is available at http://www.icahd2017.in. Abstract submission and registration for participation can be done through the website. The conference brochure can be downloaded from the same link.
- GISDP participates in the GTI (Great Transition Initiative) commentary coordinated by Tellus Institute www.greattransition.org on Frances Moore Lappé Farming for a Small Planet: Agroecology Now
- Locating Conflict in the Global Discourse of Sustainability: Assam's Forgotten Nomads, Bookwell. New Delhi
- GISDP proudly announces and acknowledges the support extended to Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika by ICSSR (Indian council of social science Research) and the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme. France in the frame of the Indo-French Programme of Cooperation in Social Sciences.
- Dr Sujata Dutta Hazarika delivered a Guest Lecture "Towards Sustainable Liberalism: Lessons from Natural capital and Ecosystem Services approach in India’s last Frontier." at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati on 22nd September 2015. The lecture focused on the intervention of a new Science that seeks to merge conservation and ecology with economy with an aim to eradicate the economic invisibility of nature in public policy and decision making.
- Dr. Sujata Dutta Hazarika founder GISDP delivered a lecture at the Stakeholders' Consultative Workshop on the BCIM-EC'
- Dr. Sujata Dutta Hazarika founder GISDP delivered a lecture “Global Initiative For Sustainable development and Planning : Engaging a discourse in natural capitalism,natural resource management and conflict resolution in North East India.”
- GISDP participates in the Great Transition Network Discussion forum Coordinated by the Tellus Institute. Boston USA
- International Conference from 8th to 9th September 2017, IIT Guwahati, Assam
- Phase III– Resource Planning for Project activities undertaken by the Initiative (2012 - Present)
- Phase II– Creation of a Core Structure, Mission and Vision for the Initiative (2012)
- Phase I– Ideation, Concept Generation & Validation (2010-2011)